This little treat definitely brings back nostalgia to childhood favourites – minus the bbq, campfire smoke and skewers. No one really wants to get campfire going in this Hong Kong 100% humidity ridiculousness anyways. So what’s better than whipping up this 15 minute Americana in the comfort of your own air-conditioned kitchen? Perfect recipe for a bake sale tray smash.
This recipe requires four ingredients: Golden Grahams, marshmallows, vegetable oil (optional) and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
2 cups of Golden Grahams
2 cups of marshmallows
12 ounces of chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (optional)
1. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray
2. Using a pan, fill up with water and simmer, placing a metal bowl on top but making sure the water does not touch the bowl. Melt the chocolate until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the mixture to maintain the smoothness of the chocolate. If using baking chocolate, omit this step.
3. Mix in all the ingredients thoroughly
4. Pour mixture into the tray. Place parchment over the tray and press to compact the mixture.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours. When bringing back out, run a knife under hot water and cut into slice.