- 1 cups skim milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/3cup cointreau
- 270g dark chocolate melts
- 4 cups (packed) day-old Brioche, cubed
- 1/4cup muscovado sugar
- few dashes vanilla essence
- Whisk together milk, cream, eggs, and Cointreau. In a large bowl, combine the liquids with the chocolate, bread cubes, and sugar. Toss to coat and set aside to soak for about 45 minutes. Gently stir once or twice while soaking.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
- Pour mixture into a medium sized bread tin or 1.5 L baking dish. Bake for about 55 minutes, or until the custard has set and the top of the pudding is slightly crispy (be careful not to overcook). Serve warm or at warm temperature.
*adapted from Food52.com