150 grams mini marshmallows
50 grams soft butter
250 grams good dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids), chopped into small pieces
60 mls hot water (recently boiled)
284 mls double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy based saucepan.
- Put the saucepan over gentle heat (med-low) to melt the contents, stirring occasionally until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and vanilla until thick, soft peaks.
- Fold the cream into the cooling chocolate mixture until it is combined and smooth.
- Spoon / scrape into 4 x 3/4cup (175ml) or 6 x 1/2cup (125ml) glasses or ramekins. Or pipe into cones or onto a cake.
- Eat immediately, or chill until serving. (Note: if you chill, remove from refrigerator about 30mins before serving so the mousse can soften up again.)
*recipe by Nigella Lawson